1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

newbie questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Starley, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Starley

Starley Lurker

Hi! I just got my Evo Shift today and it's my first cell phone. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. How can I safely clean the display if necessary? Will it be damaged if I wipe it with a cloth --?

and 2. Is there a limit to how much it should be charged? If it's not a problem, I want to leave it plugged into an outlet when I'm not using it, and often when I am using it. Is there anything wrong with that? Will it hurt the battery?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert

I wipe it on my pants, shirt, towel, paper towel or whatever. Granted if you have grains of something hard on the material you could scratch it, but generally you won't. I usually try to just use something soft, and I sometimes will breath on it to fog it up for a touch of moisture first. The screen is glass and not easily scratched.

Lithium batteries are intelligent and you don't have to worry about overcharging and keeping it plugged in.

Enjoy the phone.

Starley likes this.
  3. Starley

Starley Lurker

Thank you, and I'm going to ask another question. I had to remove the battery in order to find the identification code to register it (still doesn't seem to be registered, but that's a separate question). After I put the battery back in, the phone would not work at all. I finally got it to respond by holding down the power button and it gave me the option to do a factory reset, which I did.

Not a good introduction to the world of smart phones. Does this kind of thing happen a lot when removing/changing batteries? Any way to avoid it? Thank you again for taking the time to answer my newbie questions.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert

I think I'd pass that off as a one time glitch.

Registered? You mean activated? And the MEID and DEC numbers are also on the box if you happen to have that handy.

5. Starley

Starley Lurker

Sorry, yes, I meant activated. I received an email that said I could do it online, but that didn't work so I phoned. For the life of me I couldn't find the code on the box. Glad to hear it could have been a one-time glitch. I appreciate your patience with my questions. Nothing I have wondered about seems to be covered in the manual!

6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert

Patience? heck, you should see the technologically declined people I work with :)

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Android Enthusiast

Huh whats a phone?

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews