1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Newbie questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nevergoinhome, Feb 22, 2011.

1. nevergoinhome

nevergoinhome Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Ok, so im new to this but managed to root my phone and I think it would be cool to get custom ROMs and theme but in order to do this, my phone (droid x v2.2.1) needs to be deodexed, right? So my questions are these: can I even deodex now with 2.2.1 out? How hard would this be? Are there guides on this forum?

Advertisement

2. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Houston, TX

All the big dogs as far as Roms go do this for you so it is a non issue. I'm not sure of a Rom that doesn't do this for you now?

nevergoinhome likes this.
  3. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

If your plan is to install a rom there is no need to deodex prior as the rom will deodex for you upon installation, if you don't want a rom but just want to theme or mod a little then you will have to manually deodex prior to doing that, here are some guides for you
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html

nevergoinhome likes this.
  4. nevergoinhome

nevergoinhome Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Ah I see! That makes much more sense. I read that guide but misunderstood it cause im completely new to all this. Thank you both for answering!

5. cultldr

cultldr Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Keep reading and keep asking questions, you'll be flashing stuff all over the place in no time.

So much knowledge here and friendly people.