• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newbie rooting question

peter7769

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2010
Oxford / Great Britain
Hi All
Sorry to be a pain but just wanted to clarify, i am seriously thinking of rooting my Tmobile Desire 2.2, i just wanted to check...

If i just root my phone will this let me properly move all apps & caches to the sd card or do i need to flash a new rom for that to happen.

Thing is im quite happy with the HTC sense ROM i just hate losing all this space to the apps, obviously i have moved as much as i can using the apps2sd app but it still installs some on the phone and the apps cache still goes on the phone.

Can anyone clarify please???

Pete ;)

Thanks a lot, i've also just taken a look at this..

24/Aug r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo) - Android @ MoDaCo

I take it i would have no problems putting this on my phone, looks really nice :D

Thanks

Pete

I used to use that rom. Its good. Get the middle download.

Try with the radio that is part of the ROM before flashing an alternative though. The one that comes with it is tried and tested working with the rom.

Once you have flashed the rom, use rom manager to partition your card (take all your data off first) to a 512MB, swap 0 EXT partition.

This way, the a2sd+ will automatically install apps on the sd card for you.

Reactions: peter7769
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones