• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newbie Skype Question

Just downloaded the working version of skype for the D3 that supports video. Works Great! Question is will this app drain my battery like people say when I searched on google? I found many complaints about the app from last year. Do I need to sign out of it and use it when I need it so it wont drain the battery or will it be ok to leave it running in the background? Tips from anyone that has this version would be greatly appreciated!

Just downloaded the working version of skype for the D3 that supports video. Works Great! Question is will this app drain my battery like people say when I searched on google? I found many complaints about the app from last year. Do I need to sign out of it and use it when I need it so it wont drain the battery or will it be ok to leave it running in the background? Tips from anyone that has this version would be greatly appreciated!

What is the working version of skype that supports video and where did you find it? I downloaded the regular Skype from the Android market and I've tried video calling. I can see them, but they can't see me as my picture in the smaller screen in black

Upvote 0
there was a modded version of skype that allowed our phone specifically to stream our front facing camera. then another version came out more open to allow just about any phone to stream video. You'll have to Google it, as im not sure it was ever officially posted on this forum.

you can find it with just about any variation of searching these works:
skype v11
skype hacked
skype droid 3
skype fixed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones