1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Newbie starting out

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rancocasrich, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Rancocasrich

Rancocasrich Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    (retired) tour guide in Historic Philadelphia
    Willingboro NJ USA
    Hello Folks, I am a forum newbie and need to know a lot about my Samsung Captivate with Android via ATT. So far I am majorly disappointed by my smart phone because of problems that I have had. I am now making a real attempt to try to get to know it better and be able to use it more.

My first self-assignment is to figure out how to download music to my phone. I was told to get the APP "doubletwist" to access and download from my Itunes account. I have Doubletwist but can not figure how to get music yet. I will search the forum to figure these things out.....I hope.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Doubletwist really useful for people going through iTunes withdrawl. The easier way is to simply copy the files to your phone.

On your phone, go to menu>settings>applications>USB settings and choose storage mode. (or prompt on connect if you want to choose every time).

Now, plug your phone into your PC and accept the prompt to connect as storage. Your phone's memory will show up as a removable drive on your PC. Create a folder called music and copy your files there. If you are a previous iTunes user, it's easiest to keep the same folder structure of artist/album/tracks.mp3. You can use .m4a files too. That's it. Unmount the phone as storage and Android will scan your media and your music will be there.

For more help with your phone, visit http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/.