1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newbie to Android OS

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WE0H, Aug 30, 2012.

1. WE0H

WE0H Lurker

Just bought a Samsung Note SGH-i717 a week ago. Now I need to learn about the Android OS. I used to run a Jailbroken iPhone 4.

Mike

2. Matty18

Matty18 Well-Known Member

Hi WE0H, and welcome to Android Forums.

What do you think of your new Note? It's a lot better than the iPhone isn't it? :p

If you have any questions about the device, ask in the Note forums, and I'm sure they will be glad to help you out.

WE0H likes this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Welcome to AF WE0H! Thanks for joining, and I hope you find Android as great as I have! :)

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome and glad yo have ya

5. WE0H

WE0H Lurker

Wow you people are awesome :) The Note is so so much better than my previous iPhone 4. Faster, easier to see display, a camera that actually takes a instant picture when the button is touched. I travel the country a lot and you could not image all those frustrating moments when I was trying to snap a pic while running down the road only to have the iPhone camera taking forever to open up then being so darn slow that I missed many picture opportunities :mad:

I did the Ice Cream update which went pretty well. Had a glitch and thought I turned my new phone into a paper weight but a hard reset later and it booted fine from that point on. Whew, try to explain that one to the wife after she plunked down the cash on a new phone for daddy :eek:

Still trying to find out if there is a better setup in my Prius for bluetooth. Every time I power up the car and the Nav starts talking to my Note, two windows pop up on my Note asking to pair and some other message that I have to touch OK or it will not talk to the Prius :( My iPhone used to either talk to it or not at all but never a popup message asking to pair as it was paired previously. Gotta be something simple I guess... It might be an Entunes issue as that software is buggy as all get out :rolleyes: I'll have to dig around in other sections for answers as I don't want to clog up this intro section with technical chatter :)

Anyhow, glad to find a friendly Android forum. I am into forums for all my hobbies and so forth and really rely on them for the daily grind :)

Mike

6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Glad to have you aboard. :)