1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newbie to Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sasman20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. sasman20

sasman20 Lurker

Hi All I am new to Android with a Galaxy s3 after having an iphone and Im rather dissapointed that I cannot get kies installed. I have disabled the firewall and antivirus as i was getting im not connected to the internet.

Then i uninstalled .net framework which allowed the install to progress a bit further but now im getting stuck at the screen after you select additional modules to install/download and it doesnt do anything the progress bar does not move and just gets stuck

Any suggestions gratefully accepted
    Sas.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello sasman20 and welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on your new S3. It's a great phone by all accounts. You will want to check into the discussion area we have for your S3 for the latest tips and tricks and for the support you are seeking. The friendly members there will be happy to help you get up to speed with your new phone. Have fun and thanks for joining our community. Here is a link to the S3 area: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Welcome to the forums sasman20, glad to have you aboard :)

Hopefully we can try and assist you with any problems you are encountering with your device!

Thanks for joining :D