1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Newbie with some aria questions..ty!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jedelsol, Aug 29, 2010.

1. jedelsol

jedelsol New Member

Aug 29, 2010
    I have an Aria - my first droid phone after six years on windows mobile. I'm a business user - large contact list from Outlook (1800+), calendar items, lots of solid synchronization needs.
    I'd like to address some areas the phone is coming up short (or my lack of knowledge in using it is coming up short).
    1) voice control - I'd really like to pull up any contact record with a voice command. I'd prefer that it operate internal to the phone rather than requiring network connectivity and the delays associated with it.
    Also, the call "John Jones on mobile" voice dial app is often inaccurate - is there anything better out there?
    2) speech to text improvement - is there a way to keep the listening mode on longer? As soon as I pause for an instant it starts translating so I can dictate a text or email only a small phrase at a time.
    3) When using voice to enter a name to look up, it puts a space behind the name and doesn't match the entry until I delete the space.
    Any assistance pointing me to pertinent posts or links to resolve these problems would be most appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Joe

Advertisement

2. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you joined! :D

I'll move this to the aria section for you. The folks there are nice and helpful!

steven

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
  5. anika200

anika200 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    wow Joe nice outline of why voice sucks. There are always problems with this type of technology. If you are in need of real voice solutions I would contact google directly. They may actually work with you to figure this out. Otherwise, the problems you pointed out are probably in 90% software unless you get something made for you.

6. ls377

ls377 Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Vlingo is the best option I've seen. I don't think it will actually open up the contact, but you can call/text/email them using voice commands. It also has a "done" button so you can finish an entire email before it cuts out.

Tags: