1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by clintwoo, Feb 17, 2011.

1. clintwoo

clintwoo Lurker

I am an ebayer seller. I am involving selling Google Android Tablet pc recently hence is joining the forum to learn a bit about the darn thing.
    I am not very technical minded but I could understand things if you guys explain things in a simple fashion.

Advertisement

2. clintwoo

clintwoo Lurker

My first question to anyone is: what firmware 1.6 means?
    Next question: build no. 2.1.2 105 means?
    My supplier said the tablet is Android 2.1 upgraded from 1.6, could this be possible, and how do I check if this is true?
    Thank you guys.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Android 1.6 and 2.1 are versions of the Android operating system. I am assuming that the tablets you are selling are Chinese knockoff tablets. It's not unusual for a Chinese manufacturer to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2. The build number is simply a counter to indicate the number of times the manufacturer compiled the operating system source. In your example above the tablet manufacturer may have built the operating system 105 times while troubleshooting and optimizing the OS for the specific tablet hardware.

To check go into the App Drawer, click on settings, click on About. The version number should be displayed under "version number" and the build number may be displayed under "build" or possible under "system version".

clintwoo likes this.
  4. clintwoo

clintwoo Lurker

I went into "my device" it stated:-

Frimware version: 1.6
    Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
    Build niumer: WMT2.1.2_105

It didn't say about any upgrade. Where would it say it has been upgrade or not?
    Thanks.

5. clintwoo

clintwoo Lurker

Can anyone also tell me how to change the battery of the tablet pc please? :thinking:

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

The tablet itself won't typically tell you if an upgrade has been performed. Typically it will only tell you what the current OS version is. In your case it's indicating that it still thinks that it is running Android 1.6. It almost looks like the manufacturer created a version 2.1-sounding build number...

In doing an impromptu google search it's looking like your tablet "may" be a Gome Flytouch. Does the tablet look similar to this?

[​IMG]

Assuming that this is the correct tablet I believe that the battieries are built into the tablet itself and are not typically user replaceable (at least without dismantling the tablet).

clintwoo likes this.
  7. clintwoo

clintwoo Lurker

Hi it looks exactly like this . One of my tablets could only work when plugged in the mains, so I presume it must be something wrong with the battery. I might be brave and open it to take a look eventually, the battery probably soldered in like most MP3/4 players.
    Thank you for your reply.