1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Newbie

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shuggeee, Aug 18, 2011.

1. shuggeee

shuggeee Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I have three questions:

1. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall pre-installed apps from my LG GT540?

2. How do I upgrade from 2-1 update1 to the latest version?

3. I have installed LG mobile updater and LG PC Suite on my computer. Neither will recognise my phone. I have looked all over the internet and tried various solutions. Nothing works. How can I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    shuggeee

Advertisement

2. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Male
    Should be easy to work out
    England
    1. You need to root your phone to do this, look in the root forum above
    2. First you will need to root your phone, as I said above and look in the root forum above again for instructions
    3. You need to get the LG USB driver

3. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2011
    1. You will need to root your phone using an app called z4root, if you google z4root.apk you should find it, it was removed from the market awhile ago, but still works, then download an app called Titanium backup and you should beable to remove system apps, but be careful as some apps are required for Android to run stabaly

2. 2.1 update1 is the latest official update, but if you want to go the unofficial route all instructions are in this post http://androidforums.com/optimus-gt...nogenmod-7-android-2-3-4-avaliable-gt540.html

3. make sure you have the drivers for the phone installed, you should beable to get them in the LG updater, then make sure both USB debugging and mass storage only are not checked in storage settings and it should work.

Note: Both rooting and installing an unofficial firmware version will void your warrenty so these are at your own risk.

4. shuggeee

shuggeee Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for the help. I think I'll wait a while before rooting the phone, though. I feel I need to know more about what I'm doing first.
    I still haven't been able to get PC Suite to recognise my phone, even after trying your suggestions.