• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newby on board!

paravent

Lurker
Jan 6, 2013
Hi there,
I am just beginning my journey as an Android user and recently got the Note 2. I live in Paris and recently went to a Christmas market where there were hundreds of cottages selling everything from handpainted dolls to science kits for kids.

There was also an enormous tent displaying the Note 2 phone and tablet. My nearly 3 year old ran in to the tent because she is drawn to electronics, even though she is never allowed to play with them.

Anyhoot, I had been considering different phones because my iphone was starting to act stupid. For a variety of reasons, didn't want to go that route again, even though I have an imac.

Well, I took one look at that huge Note and said, no way. But somehow it got into my brain and the more I learned about it, the more I "had to" have it. It is (for me) a very overwhelming project to learn all the cool stuff it can do and that I can do with it. And in order not to neglect my 3 year old and 4 month old, I have to ration out my time! So, I was thrilled to find this forum, where hopefully I can get some useful tips and advice which will help me progress a bit faster so I can start using my device more efficiently.

At the moment, I feel like an old stooge, looking for "where is my calendar again?" or "Oh, look honey, I can change my calendar... but wait, will that work with my spen?". So much to learn, very exciting stuff!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones