• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newby questions

cbp24601

Lurker
Jan 17, 2010
I'm a new Droid Eris owner (1 month) and come from owning an iPod Touch for years. Can someone tell me why in the world:

1) developers are allowed to place apps on the market that people keep complaining don't work? One case in point: iheartradio. It simply doesn't work on my particular phone. Seems like everyone who has posted says the same thing.

2) I see apps from third party developers, which I don't care for. For instance Fox News' widget isn't from Fox News but some other company. I never saw this in iPod's app store.

I really like my new Eris and my husband likes his new Motorola Droid, and we're just hoping that because these are still new that many more (and better-working apps) will come out soon. ?? Maybe??

I'm a new Droid Eris owner (1 month) and come from owning an iPod Touch for years. Can someone tell me why in the world:

1) developers are allowed to place apps on the market that people keep complaining don't work? One case in point: iheartradio. It simply doesn't work on my particular phone. Seems like everyone who has posted says the same thing.

2) I see apps from third party developers, which I don't care for. For instance Fox News' widget isn't from Fox News but some other company. I never saw this in iPod's app store.

I really like my new Eris and my husband likes his new Motorola Droid, and we're just hoping that because these are still new that many more (and better-working apps) will come out soon. ?? Maybe??
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones