• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newby....

Hello and welcome to the forum, MsScarlett. - thanks for joining the community.

Sorry to hear that you are having or had a bad experience with Sprint. My experience with them is totally the opposite. And I've been with them for about the same years as you.

Anyway, I hope by reading in the carriers section, you might find one of the other carriers interested enough to have a go with them. Just a reminder..that every phone carrier has something going on - that you might not approve of. Also, keep in mind that Sprint is the "only" carrier that gives you 100% unlimited data.

Best of luck. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Lindsay...we would just like to have a cell phone carrier that really works! Sprint just never works in our area. I'm spending $220+ a month and most of the time, my phone won't ring. My messages show up sometimes 2+ hours later...my voice mails the same. It's the worst our phone service has ever been. It was going downhill here last year for us but with the intro of the Iphone last fall...that put us over the edge. I even have days here that I have to place a call 10 times because "all circuits are busy". :mad: Now you can understand my frustration. It's absolutely crazy.

Forgot; the data makes us no difference.

Upvote 0
Coverage seems to be an issue with most ever carrier. In my area, Verizon is rock solid where other carriers are only fair. On the other hand, where my daughter lives, Sprint is king. I always advice checking with co-workers or other contacts as to the best carrier in one's area before making a provide decision. Cost is always similar as well as devices offered. Bottom line.. it has to work! Best of luck in your research and change and I hope you will use these forums to get the most enjoyment from your new devices after a change.

Upvote 0
Thanks olbriar. We've done a lot of homework on this one. We lucked out because two of our best friends are Verizon store managers. Everytime they are here, their phones have full bars, we may have 1 or zero.

The icing on the cake the other day was, as I was speaking to one of them on the phone, I get a notification of a word played on "Words with friends" from the person I was talking to. I laughingly said "well, you must not be too busy with phone sales if you have time to play a game". He gasped and said, I played that yesterday. Sure enough, it said the word was played 14 hours ago but it just came through on my phone!!!:eek: This is how well our phone service is. (not that a game is a big deal but this is how everything is on these phones, it's horrible)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones