• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newer Leak !!

i havent flashed the radios or the rom. adrenalyne posted a patch to take 2.10.605.1 to 2.11.605.0 and stated that the most of the cahnges were in apps in androidmanifest.xml versioning.

im finding it hard to break away from burnt ATM,despite my strange obsession with flashing leaks,lol. given the cahgnes are minor and the VM bug is reportedly still there im not too pressed to flsh it tonight.

Upvote 0
Anyone flash this yet? Looking forward to hearing reviews.

I went from .10 to .11 and let me tell you BIG difference. My 4G kept dropping all the time. I was just about to go back to Stock Froyo 2.2 until I saw this post. Everything is much better no 4G drops, switch over from wi-fi to 4G is fast. It seems even more snappier then .07 and .10 roms. I hope Verizon releases this one its a keeper.

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
I went from .10 to .11 and let me tell you BIG difference. My 4G kept dropping all the time. I was just about to go back to Stock Froyo 2.2 until I saw this post. Everything is much better no 4G drops, switch over from wi-fi to 4G is fast. It seems even more snappier then .07 and .10 roms. I hope Verizon releases this one its a keeper.

strange... i had zero issues with 4g in 2.10.605.1. rock solid.

Upvote 0

I doubt this will be the OTA (I could be wrong) but we will likely hear about the OTA before it actually leaks and I haven't seen anything recently that is pointing towards the OTA being soon. Plus they need to fix some bugs like the VM notification before they send out an OTA.

Upvote 0
+1 ^. This one is looking great. No drops so far and I was dropping today. Stress test tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I am having major issues with 2.10.605.1..4G drops badly!

How can I flash this new leak? is it possible to flash the radio only?

For what it's worth, I don't know where you live, but 4G in NY/NJ was down all last night and this morning. I'm in MA and I have had barely any 4G all day either. If you're on the east coast way want to give it a day or so before flashing a different radio

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I don't know where you live, but 4G in NY/NJ was down all last night and this morning. I'm in MA and I have had barely any 4G all day either. If you're on the east coast way want to give it a day or so before flashing a different radio

I live in Northern California, Sacramento area. It's been like this since I rooted. but I can live without 4g though, 3G is fast enough for me.

Upvote 0

Hi,
Also expect outages this weekend up and down the east coast with hurricane Irene hitting Saturday into Sunday night so testing will not be as pure as you would like.
Most cell towers have battery backup, but the site could get damaged plus the backhaul (fiber line) could be damaged which would stop the site in its tracks even if it had power.
Bryan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones