• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newest Leak- Way to get ringtones?

jiggaDROID

May 23, 2010
Bethesda MD
Hoping somene can possibly help me out with this. I updated to the newest leak version last night successfully, and it's the first time I've rooted. Might be a noob question, but it's kind of annoying how i lost all my ringtones and alerts for texts and stuff. The only option is 'Default Verizon' which annoys the hell out of me. I'd rather not have to download an app to get a simple ringtone for texts and google talk and phone calls. Any way to just get the regular list back that came with the phone? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh sick, thanks.. guess I should have read the whole thing before. Do I need to rename it something specific when I download it (like update.zip or whatever) or can I just save it to my SD and then select it when I'm in recovery mode? Sorry for the questions, I'm just new to this stuff and don't want to brick my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones