• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newest SetCPU stuck in charge profile

the second the battery drops to 90% it comes out of the charging profile. i just watched it do it right before my eyes. i had the screen on full brightness (to drain it faster) and had the phone info open and was watching the battery % and right when it dropped to 90% it switched from charging to normal.

so there ya have it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else tried pressing the 'Refresh' button over and over?
On mine, the frequency readout usually displays '250' but occasionally it jumps to 450 or 800.

In the same light, if I repeatedly press the System Info button, the bogo-mips number will mostly display 250 and then jump to 800 occasionally.

My profile is 800/250 with 550/250 for charging, 250/250 for standby and I'm using On-demand for the governor. I have also just updated to the latest SetCPU (1.5.0a).

Anyone else with this behavior?

Upvote 0
Has anyone else tried pressing the 'Refresh' button over and over?
On mine, the frequency readout usually displays '250' but occasionally it jumps to 450 or 800.

In the same light, if I repeatedly press the System Info button, the bogo-mips number will mostly display 250 and then jump to 800 occasionally.

My profile is 800/250 with 550/250 for charging, 250/250 for standby and I'm using On-demand for the governor. I have also just updated to the latest SetCPU (1.5.0a).

Anyone else with this behavior?

he did this on purpose. he changed something to make things more efficient. the cpu will not ramp up as quickly or as high as it used to. i guess it skews the benchmark numbers but things are just as fast as they were before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones