1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newest update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seVer, Jul 10, 2013.

1. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Got the notice this morning. So far no issues. Best change for me is Bluetooth connectivity update, and SMS showing read count correctly. No update for camera tho... and that's the biggest point of contention for me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

Only downside is that it closes up the bootloader unlock exploit. Word of warning for those of you about to brave it.

But that's good to hear that it's improving. I've been wanting to move back to stock lately so I'll have to pull up this version when I manage to do it. I miss the stock camera too much (way better than AOSP ROMs).

3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

I used voodoo to re-root right after. Has to be root protected before update.

4. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

Thanks for that, I've been trying to remember the name of that app for ages. However, I hope you weren't confusing the bootloader unlock to the root method, two very different things.

I'm not really sure how to go about re-rooting from an unlocked bootloader though, since I have CM10.1 currently running and no prior backup of rooted stock. Guess I've got some research to do!

5. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

Download and install the new Google stock camera apk (I know it's on Droid Life, search for it). The Google stock camera is much better than the stock Moto camera. Much less grain, much more accurate colors, and just overall better images. It's still not a great camera, but the Google stock camera apk proves that the Moto camera hardware is actually ok, it's the Moto software that's the problem.

6. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Problem is speed, not clarity. I'll try it tho.

dhbuckley likes this.
  7. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

The stock Google camera also takes pics faster. The focus is quicker, as well as the actual shutter button.

dhbuckley likes this.
  8. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]Got my update today. Haven't noticed any changes except now I'll never be able to unlock bootloader. I wonder if Motochopper still would work?

9. usnrma

usnrma Newbie

I just got the update and I got version 9.20.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US. What is the difference between this and the 9.18.79.XT926.Verizon.en.US version? I know it is not RAZR HD and RAZR Maxx HD because my father also has the Maxx HD as well as me and he got the 9.18 version.

Attached Files:

10. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Something is wrong with my HD. It's been downloading for over 24 hours now ? What can I do or should I do?

11. smfoley1

smfoley1 Android Enthusiast

I just got my razr HD last week and one thing I noticed immediately is that when Im listening to my music over BT there are a lot of little sound drop outs. Did the update fix that problem? Its super annoying. Im the kind of person that once my CD starts to skip I tend to launch it out the window. Of course now I typically only listen to an actual CD once or twice on the way home from the store. Once I get home I load that bitch on my PC and into the music manager cloud.

12. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Update: took my HD to a Verizon store. After four employees fiddled with it for an hour including the manager, he ended up doing a hard reset. That fixed it.

BTW, he had a HD MAXX and didn't know about the update. He loaded his while working on mine...

13. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Crewville, I use ProCapture which is a great camera addition that is much more user friendly than moto. It does not improve the shutter speed which is the most important problem with this phone for me and is the only that makes me ever consider an iPhone. I can't find that apk. Do you have it?

Thanks.

David

14. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast

I accidentally accepted this update this morning when it showed up and I was half asleep and didn't have me glasses on and hit the wrong button! I went back to sleep only to wake up and find it had installed. My problem is that I was rooted (but not unbootlocked) so now I'm assuming my root is gone. Everything seems to be working except my ability to automatically reboot using Tasker, which was the only reason I rooted anyway. So my questions is, what else is 'broken' and how do I get back root?

15. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Well-Known Member

That Google camera is the stuff!!!

100 times better than stock Moto...

16. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

Yes, yes it is ;)

17. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

The google camera apk improves shutter speed as well. In fact, little trick i learned. If you hold the shutter down, let the camera focus, and then release, it takes very crisp shots, ESPECIALLY with moving targets. Im on honeymoon and got a crystal clear shot of a running giraffe.

Here is where the apk can be found: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/27/download-new-stock-camera-app-from-google-play-edition-phones/

Either download and side loaded through your comp or just go here with your phone.

SMWAS and smfoley1 like this.
  18. smfoley1

smfoley1 Android Enthusiast

thanks for the link to the camera...great app
    little trick, instead of holding the blue button on the screen, hold the vol down button instead

19. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

Does the Google camera app come with the software update? Or did you get that separately after the update?

My Maxx HD is totally stock, will the Google phone app work on it?

20. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Have to d/l the camera app separately. But note, it will not store photos on your SD (no support for SD, but you can manually move them with a file manager).

21. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

No, the camera app is separate from the system update. My phone is completely stock as well and works fine.

As far as sd support goes, i dont use sd's. They mess up my gps when i have them in the phone. Not sure why, but this has happened on three different occasions.

22. AtomicAJ

AtomicAJ Lurker

recDNA - I notice your notification bar has more information than mine (left side show's battery status and temperature (I think). How did you get that?

23. Crewville96

Crewville96 Member

Those are play store apps.

AtomicAJ likes this.
  24. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert

Can you tells us which battery apps specifically?

Thanks,

25. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Where is Navigation after update?? No icon, no apparent app! Has it been rolled into maps which has seemed long overdue?

Or did VZW kill it?? :-!

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews