1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root newly rooted, a couple mroe questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbaruch76, Jun 7, 2010.

1. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    ok, so i am a new eris user (less than one week). it's my first android phone and i think it is incredible. i am newly rooted and running evil eris. i have a few issues though that i couldn't find answers to.

first i was running low on space so i looked into a2sd. i seem to have it installed fine but see no option to install new apps directly to the sd. do i have to run adb command each time i want to move the apps? and if that is the case can someone maybe link me to the correct commands because i saw a few different variations.

so i am using the n1 launcher since i believe it is the only one with live wallpapers? i prefer sense since i really like the widgets, but i have beautiful widgets and it's a fine replacement, but i did a search and i am trying to find images of all the different widgets possible with beautiful widgets

i have also seen images of people who have 4 apps locked in the dock and i am curious how to gain that functionality.

last thing is that the phone seems to be shutting off randomly. i ahve no idea why. are there any issues like that?

edit - forgot to post that handcent sms does not pop up in market. when i install the apk or the custom handcent posted in the apps forum it will force close very often.

Advertisement

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    If a2sd is set up and running correctly, you don't do anything different when operating the phone normally; all the other software on the phone does not even know it is there.

The only thing that would change is your backup strategy if you are using Nandroid backups - you might want to use Nand+Ext backup/restore.

3. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    a2sd appears to be runnign fine now, but now i am missing my navigation app. no idea where it disappeared to. maps also seems to be missing. maybe others too.

4. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    i'm very curious if anyone has any ideas for this one?

5. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
    You're probably referring to Launcher Pro Beta:

LauncherPro

6. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    yes!! thank you, this is pretty awesome, and it works with live wallpapers.

7. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Hey I am also looking for the live wallpaper with the leaves?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

edit- found and installed a livewallpapers.apk which had the water wallpaper, but anytime i try to load it i get a force close.