• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newly rooted and have a question.

alltexan2010

May 22, 2011
I have just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Indulge from Metro PCS. The first thing I'd like to do after removing bloatware, is change the boot animation. The one I'd like to use is the R2D2 animation from the Droid. No matter what animation I look up, they all refer to finding and renaming, or deleting the original boot animation. I cannot find them anywhere. Has anyone successfully changed their animation? How did you do it?

Thanks

If you have the Basix rom installed, you can install a custom boot animation by simply placing bootanimation.zip (the file you had downloaded - rename if necessary to match the name exactly, because it MUST be bootanimation.zip) in your /system/media/ folder.
And if you have not yet installed Basix or Exodus, maybe it's time you try them out ;)
Personally, I stick with Basix.

Upvote 0
here is a pic of the directory
screenshot001-1.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones