1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Newly rooted eris, few questions..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by svh105, Sep 29, 2010.

1. svh105

svh105 Member

Apr 29, 2010
    First post!

I've recently rooted my eris to Xtrsense 4.5 and have a few questions...
    My quadrant score pre root was 205. After root, with JIT_on, overclock 748 the score was 298. Is this typical? are there other settings I can change within gscript to boost the performance?

Should I alter the minimum clock speed from default?

I have a2sd and cach2sd ON. How do I know these are actually working?

After running advaced task killer, my available memory is around 65 megs.
    Is this a normal figure for the eris? I'm not completely sure how the memory/cache works on mobile phones. I assume 70 megs of RAM is different than information stored in the Cache.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Advertisement

2. svh105

svh105 Member

Apr 29, 2010
    really? anyone?

3. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I never run quadrant myself - I can generally tell how fast or slow the phone feels without benchmarks, and I think the benchmarks are not testing everything that relates to the speed of the phone.

As for apps2sd and cache2sd, I suppose that you can look at available memory in settings->sd card. If it stays pretty stable, you know that cache isn't building up there, as well as data from third party apps. Also, from here:

You can probably save a little battery in screen off by setting the minimum clock to 19.2, but when I ran xtrROM (which is not xtrSENSE, but I think similar) I found that the phone was too slow to wake on incoming phone calls. Try it, though.

It's been a while since I ran xtrROM, so I'm not sure which gscripts are available for performance. Unless you have a class 6 or better SD card, I would suggest cache2cache for better performance, but it's probably not all that noticeable anyway.

I never run task killers, and I really suggest to everyone that you not as well. It's ok to have a task manager that you use manually to stop a runaway process, but I do that maybe once a month or so myself. See this article: Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them