• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newly rooted- ROM recommendations please

minpinbud

May 24, 2010
Hello,

Just rooted my Sprint HTC Hero. I have been searching for ROM ideas. I am very new to all this and trying to learn all I can. I like Sense but am willing to try something else if need be. I would like something with good battery life, good speed, GPS and free up some space on the phone. I would like something with the ability to customize. About the only bloatware I use is IM and Nascar (some), but I could always use something else for IM.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Just rooted my Sprint HTC Hero. I have been searching for ROM ideas. I am very new to all this and trying to learn all I can. I like Sense but am willing to try something else if need be. I would like something with good battery life, good speed, GPS and free up some space on the phone. I would like something with the ability to customize. About the only bloatware I use is IM and Nascar (some), but I could always use something else for IM.

Thank you in advance.

im currently running aosp 2.3 GB and its running great on my phone, i started with cyanogenmod 6.1 but then upgraded to this one and i like this one a lot better

Reactions: minpinbud
Upvote 0
[ROM][GPL] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3 *** (Gingerbread) (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Upvote 0
Camera works fine and GPS does also for me, but some are having issues, not sure if it is Rom related or user related, we are still waiting to here from AOSP to see if says anything about.

Thanks Don- have the issues with the Camera been ironed out? What about GPS and other features?

Upvote 0
The GPS locks fine, but it can be inaccurate for some people. As I said in another thread, my friend's Sprint HTC Hero with the AOSP Android 2.3 ROM would lose GPS signal after a few minutes of usage while using Bluetooth with his car, but your mileage may vary. ;)

Anyway, minpinbud, this is off topic, but is that your user name because you have a Miniature Pinscher dog? We have a Miniature Pinscher, and a Manchester Terrier, so I was just curious. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones