• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
have my S3 how would I got about yanking the .apk from?

If its rooted you just need to use a file browser (like root explorer) to find the .apk and copy it to your sd card. Another easier way to get it is to use a program like titanium backup to back the file up then go look in the folder it makes the backups in and see if you can grab it there. I'm using Android Tuner Pro to do my backups with and it stores them in a zip file on the sd card. You can just grab the zip and extract the .apk out of it.

If it isn't rooted, now's a good time to play around and root it and use it as a learning tool. You can probably sell it for more if its rooted also.

Upvote 0
Probably not compatible with android 4.3 then.

Good question. Even if it is, will it still work when KitKat comes out for us in a few months?

I just feel that the apk might only be for that said device that the widget works on.

You could obtain the apk from a few dissimilar devices and binary compare to find out if they're different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones