1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

News & Weather widget broken?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wilderja, Apr 11, 2012.

1. wilderja

wilderja Lurker

Ever since I upgraded my Nexus S to the latest Android version (version 4.04), the included widget of "News & Weather" seems broken. Every time I turn my phone on, the widget says "No weather Information". Forcing a refresh does not help. Eventually (sometimes several hours later), it starts working. I never had this problem before the Android update. Has the latest version of Android broken this included widget? I have tried removing it from my home screen, doing a forced stop, deleting all the data, and restarting the widget and this did not help.

Ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fareal

fareal Newbie

I've never used this widget until today. I have a Nexus S as well. I'm experiencing the same problem.

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

It could be a bug in the OS. Do other weather widgets work for you guys?

4. wilderja

wilderja Lurker

I have since switched to AccuWeather and the app comes with a widget. That widget works fine, so my guess is it is a widget problem. Too bad as i like the one that comes with android.
    As I said, it was fine until the latest Android update.

5. fareal

fareal Newbie

Its not just the widget with the problem though. The app itself has issues getting weather info..
    [​IMG]

6. fareal

fareal Newbie

I've used this for a day now and its worked the majority of the time. Occasionally I do get the message that weather info is not available, but it works most of the time. I have. Mine set to refresh every hour and I've been driving and changing locations frequently. Its kept up pretty well.

[​IMG]