• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newsmy P72-C

pilyma12

Lurker
Oct 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

As I put in my intro, I am real new to the android worl... and i am seeking help to root my tablet.... here is the thing i have superoneclick or some like that. So should be easy right:) but no not with my luck ... anyhow I was looking for instruction for the root method and everyone of them are for phone but im trying to root a: Newsmy P72-C Tablet! Is it the same process and software?

The other thing is once i connect my dvice to my laptop it install drivers and everytime it says "Device driver not successfully install" i took a deeper look and went to device manager on my pac and tryed to update them but no luck... windows could not find anything ... I went on the manufacturer website and there is a possibility to get them if you have the serial number.... funy thing is that i can not locate a serial number on the machine and when i go in to setting it says "serial number; unknown" So hers my second question. What are my option?Where should i look for these drives?

Is my Tablet unrootable?
Here is all the info from the Tablet

Newsmy P72-C
RK29SDK system update
Android version 4.0.4
Kernel version 3.0.8+root@guangg-pc #21 ( what ever that is)
Build number Rockship IMM76D

Any help positive/negative dont be affraid to lay in to it...
Sorry for the long thread Im just a bit overwelm and did not know where to start ....

Thanks Everyone:D

hi i after short google serch on rooting my tablet after doing my phone yestoday i spotted this.

i tryed super one click also but no luck, on starting super one click it promted that was not dirvers did it want to install some generic asod drivers,, think was that name but hit yes.

i then tryed UnlockRoot v3.1
Downloady---UnlockrRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root
i got the pro free download. On install it tryed to install a load of toolbars and crudd, un check them and deny any others if u can help it :)

clicked root and all went well, after reboot superuser is in apps, and am able to install adfree and others :) i got Root checker basic from google play to check on reboot first. here is a pic of tablet Enjoy ;)

DSC_0001_zps927e64d3.jpg

I do not hold any Responsibility for and damaged caused or any support on what to do.

Upvote 0
This is a virus or malware.... Please admin or guide could you check on this so i can use it....thanks

I'm just getting a failed to parse package error from it. It's not even installing. This tool is from China, so make of that what you will. What security software is saying it's malware? Might be worth contacting the devs about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones