1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Next Droid wishlist so I can upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fam, Dec 17, 2010.

1. fam

fam Android Enthusiast

My Droid is now over a year old...and although her power button barely has any spring left to her, thanks to custom roms she's fast and she works really well...but I will be replacing her when something comes available I actually think is worth the upgrade...but right now nothing exists in the verizon world I would want. If any of you know of a future phone which is what Im hoping for let me know!

1)physical keyboard (I dont like on screen keyboards, its in the way of my screen!)
    2)Bigger screen....like a droid X with a keyboard would be ideal
    3)Amoled screen would be ideal
    4)front facing and rear facing camera and HDMI out
    5)Dual processor?

There...meet those demands on verizon and I will be the 1st in line to buy it, until that...my droid 1 is as good as any other phone on the market (to me) as far as functionality.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Member

I would like to see two sd card slots as well as what you posted. One just like we have now, and one that is more easy to access for media- photos, videos, and the like.

3. tonloc_45371

tonloc_45371 Newbie

Sounds like we are wanting the exact same phone. Unforutunately it will probably be 4g lte requiring me to pay more money on my monthly contract and possibly losing my unlimited data.

4. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

You know, I've yet to see a screen with a better picture quality than the one on the Droid. That's one thing I'd like to see unchanged except in size. Same pixel density, just larger area and larger resolution reflected in the larger physical size.

5. geezman

geezman Newbie

I agree, the pixel density of the D1 is still near the top of all smart phones over a year later. The other thing that is a MUST for me is for the phone to be unlocked like the D1 is.

6. Splendor

Splendor Newbie

Before I will upgrade I need to see a phone with everything the D1 has plus:

• Dual Processor (at least 1Ghz)
    • 4G
    • At least 5mp rear-facing camera
    • A front-facing camera
    • HDMI output
    • 4" or larger screen
    • Android 2.3 or higher
    • NFC
    • Larger internal storage

I am willing to give up my physical keyboard if I have to in order to get the other items on my list.

...and a kickstand would be awesome too. :cool:

7. 4 inch screen
    Unlocked bootloader
    Stock android like on d1
    Rear and front camera
    1ghz processor or higher
    Release one with and one wirhout a keyboard I think that would be a huge seller

8. Demiourgos

Demiourgos Lurker

Nvida tegra 2
    1 gig of ram
    8 megapixel rear cam
    2-5 megapixel front cam
    32 gig internal storage plus an sd slot
    5 inch screen
    5 row slider keyboard backlit in red
    Hdmi out
    Unlocked boot loader
    Root access out of the box

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

FM Radio capability would be nice, as is a car and multimedia dock for GPS and bedside functions :)

Not that we want MUCH :rolleyes:

10. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

Yeah, like the OP, I'm looking for something like the DX or Evo with a physical keyboard. I don't get the whole "cookie-cutter Androids" thing that's been happening lately. Why does everything have a 1GHz processor and either a 3.7" screen with a keyboard or a larger screen with no keyboard?

The generic-ness of these phones is getting to be as bad as netbooks! Someone needs to make a huge, physical-KB-equipped phone soon.

11. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

True but it's temporarily taking up your screen. I mean, compare to the Droid Pro where the physical keyboard permanently eats up space that could be used for the screen.

Number of MP doesn't matter as much to me as the actual image quality. My Droid's 5MP camera is worse than several lower MP cameras that I have. MP isn't everything -- it's just pixel count.

12. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

A sim card that allows one to use it overseas would be GREAT!

13. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I personally don't like the screen-only slab or the portrait QWERTY form factors. Slider QWERTY is so great, it only takes up room when you need it to and it provides you with a way not to obscure the screen while you type. What's the downside, one extra moving part and a few mm thickness? That's fine with me.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews