1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Next Generation Samsung or other make

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NZ_Nitro, Aug 23, 2012.

1. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

We have the S3 now so what do you want to see now? for me... 3d camera, screen that doubles in size, laser keyboard built in, infrared led for communication or remote control

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Better organization on phone and sync like the old Palm Desktop.

3. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

better battery technology.Everything has advanced too much and batteries cant keep up they need to invest money into that

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Don't care about a 3D camera, and neither does the majority of the public, or 3D TVs, the Nintendo 3Ds and the Evo 3D would have sold a lot better. Costs more to do, and it isn't selling, so don’t hold your breath.

If you want a screen twice as big, get a network-enabled tablet.

Laser keyboard could be neat, but the would probably require a kickstand built in (not a bad thing) and be a little rough on the battery to use.

Agree, I would LOVE an IR out, mostly just so I could used my device as a universal remote!

5. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

There is an apple vid out there showing ideas about some things like the laser keyboard

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Get rid of plastic housing

7. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

You do realize that none of that is real or even accurate about the next iPhone, right? And that video wasn't made by Apple, just some fanboi with a good rendering program. Next iPhone is going to be a 4" screen, not a 4.5" screen, it DEFINITELY isn't going to have a second slide-out screen, and the empty body that has had pics of it leak out didn't have dual cameras on the back for taking 3D pics. I suppose it could possibly have a laser keyboard, but I don't think it will. Neither will it have a kickstand. Although I do wish more companies included that, it's a great thing to have!

8. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You

or they could make the back panel slightly thicker and recess in some solar panels so face down your phone will trickle charge, just look at how much back panel real estate there is on an S3 ;)

9. Joelgp83

Joelgp83 Android Enthusiast

Wait, I thought it was really, really bad for the display in a cell phone to be put face down....or am I thinking of some other display technology?:thinking:

10. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You

Not if it's in a case/wearing a screen protector/got a barely there back on it, as the screen kisnt in direct contact with the surface.

11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

They are improving Li-Ion cells as we speak.

Minute holes could dramatically improve battery performance

They estimate they can increase Li-Ion cell capacity by tenfold (10 times current storage capacity). When this comes out, we'll stop measuring cells by mAh and have to use Ah. A 2000 mAh cell would then be able to hold 20000 mAh, equal to 20 Ah. That would power today's smartphone for about a week. A simply flip phone would probably last a month. A tablet would probably last 4-5 days of moderate use.

The downside is that it's only good for 150 charge cycles. But 150 weeks is just shy of 3 years. So heavy users would have to replace it once every 1.5 years, at the most. Light users would probably not have to replace it until 3 years. Or we'll just have to wait for them to improve the technology to maintain more charging cycles.

It's coming :)

12. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

Would it not be that after 150 charges, the abiltiy for the battery to hold its power will be slightly less, not that it just stops working? Therefor it wouldnt be unreasonable to expect that the battery would merely hold enough charge for 3-4 days for say another 50-100 charge cycles?

Or by this time and after expecting the battery to last so long, will people be so peeved at having to charge while sleeping once every couple of days, will become too much?

13. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Actually, we beta tested and evaluated several prototypes of that type of projected keyboard for the Palm Pilot long before Apple arrived in a big way; certainly, before the iPhone/iPad arrived.

This is most definitely NOT an Apple idea. I think the company that developed it is long gone or merged out of existance, but it did exist pre-Apple.