1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Next Republic Phone? No More Defy XT.

Discussion in 'Republic' started by kcmojo, Dec 19, 2013.

1. kcmojo

kcmojo Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    Slave labor
    Here
    I did see on Republic's forums in Nov. where some ppl wanted to upgrade, but did not like the moto X for things like no Micro SD slot. One of the staffers/experts said there were phones coming that would fit the users "requierments".

Today I noticed they did say they were running out of the Defy XTs and would not restock them.

Just wondered if anyone else saw any rumors out there on the next Republic phone offering? :thinking:

RE:
    https://community.republicwireless.com/blogs/republic/2013/12
    Dec 18th Upfate "the DEFY XT Beta phone will soon run out of stock! We

Advertisement

2. skippy126

skippy126 Member
    None

Aug 18, 2011

3. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Yes, there was photo evidence of the Moto G being the next phone... which would make sense because it isn't that much different than the X... hence less development required.

However, the Moto G still has no SD slot and does not support 4G speeds (no LTE radio).

As for the third phone to be offered (they promised 3), no one yet knows. If I was to guess, it would be one of the Motorola phones in the Droid line-up... probably the Droid Razr M. Motorola / Google seems keen to work with Bandwidth.com (owner of Republic Wireless) to direct future Android development towards making it easier to BYOD to hybrid calling MVNOs.