• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NexTheme ESE81 R3 Release (4/21/10) - New Goodies!

Fab, is there anything you can recommend for getting my wifi tether to work? i can see the network, i can join with WEP and great signal strength. i just cannot connect to internet. anything i might be missing? i have never installed any other ROM than this so i have never had wifi tether. When i go to network and sharing center (Vista) it says im connected to phone SSID but not to internet. should it show internet as active. also it says local only when i hover my cursor over the wifi network symbol in the system tray. TIA

Are you using the stock kernel, or did you flash another one?

I'm posting this from my netbook tethered to my Droid right now, but I'm using the AdamZ-LV kernel I posted.

Have you tried using Windows' built in little troubleshooter to try to get a new IP from the phone? Can you connect with any other devices (I usually just test Wifi tether w/ my iPod Touch before I release a ROM)?

Upvote 0
For those of you who want the stock neural network back:

CAP201004021102.jpg

The OP has been updated:

Mine says switchlwp: not found. I renamed it and put it on the root of my SD. I also ran enablescripts and that to said not found...... I did it like this

su
enablescripts
switchlwp

What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Mine says switchlwp: not found. I renamed it and put it on the root of my SD. I also ran enablescripts and that to said not found...... I did it like this

su
enablescripts
switchlwp

What am I doing wrong?

Hrm, not found? If it doesn't work, it is usually permission errors.

Can you do this in terminal:

cd /system/xbin/
ls

And all the scripts should show up on the screen. If that's the case, then you may need to fix the permissions:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
chmod 777 /system/xbin/enablescripts
enablescripts

Then run the switchlwp script

Upvote 0
Hrm, not found? If it doesn't work, it is usually permission errors.

Can you do this in terminal:

cd /system/xbin/
ls

And all the scripts should show up on the screen. If that's the case, then you may need to fix the permissions:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
chmod 777 /system/xbin/enablescripts
enablescripts

Then run the switchlwp script

Would fixing permission through ROM Manager work or do I have to do it manually?

I get chmod 777 /system/xbin/enablescripts: not found

Upvote 0
Dunno, seems like there might be a conflict with Clockwork recovery that isn't installing the scripts right. Here's the actual code that the script runs anyways:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Reactions: ronaldramsayii
Upvote 0
Dunno, seems like there might be a conflict with Clockwork recovery that isn't installing the scripts right. Here's the actual code that the script runs anyways:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Ok I got it to work. I did just what you wrote here.....Thanks man I appreciate the patience...

Upvote 0
Is there any way to switch the icon for maps? I like the one in this ROM but I switched back to the first NexBeast ESE53. I like the 3D app tray, plus it does not really slow my phone down.

You can pull the .apk from the NexTheme update.zip (it's under /system/app) and push it over your current Maps.apk.

Make sure you go under applications and select uninstall all updates first though.

Upvote 0
You can pull the .apk from the NexTheme update.zip (it's under /system/app) and push it over your current Maps.apk.

Make sure you go under applications and select uninstall all updates first though.

Thanks, I tried that earlier but received an error. Then when I was in the system/app folder I saw the icon I wanted but it did not show in the phone. I just uninstalled all updates and that was all it took. Both ROM are awesome, great work.

Upvote 0
Just one more thing, I guess I can't update Maps from the market because after I did it switched back.:(

Right, because it moves the app to /data. Though the version on this ROM is 4.1.0, which is the latest.

when i try to enter directions to navigate to in maps. it says

Sorry The application maps(process com.google.android.apps.maps)has stopped unexpectadly. please try again. and a force close box comes up. any ideas? anybody else? everything else is flawless.

Have you tried a reboot? My navigation is working :thinking:

Reactions: bp328i
Upvote 0
I'm loving this theme! One question: How do I change the Helix Launcher settings? It's not showing up in my app drawer. I was going to re-download it from the market, but I was concerned that it might overwrite your customizations.

HelixLauncher settings are brought up by pressing the menu button at a homescreen, and selecting 'configure'

Reactions: vtlock
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones