1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Nexus 1

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by t1jordan, Mar 17, 2010.

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Baltimore
    Sprint will have the Nexus 1. No release date or price yet. Will anyone purchase this phone? Sorry people I didnt notice another post. It didn't show up whent I started the thread. lol Oh well.

Boy Genius Report

Advertisement

2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    t1jordan likes this.
  3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
    My Hero works perfectly for me. Getting the N1 just to have the "latest and greatest" is fiscally irresponsible, especially when I have other important things that money can be put towards.

Its not like it will have a better battery, which is my only complaint about the Hero. 2.1... well they say that is coming, so the Hero will be my phone for now.

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    SF
    im gonna get it because the hero is too small for my fingers. i keep pressing other letters and since i use my left thumb for space bar i keep hitting the period button. the 2 month old hero is probably gonna go to my sister.

5. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    IT Professional
    MN
    I might look at upgrading in October when my one year is up - great thing about sprint is you can upgrade your main line once a year.

I also saw that they are going to announce the Supersonic as well. Anyone thinking about this phone?

I will weigh my options when my year is up. Other than the poor battery life I have no complaints about the hero.

6. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have the Hero now which works fine for me, I won't be upgrading till next January.

Come January I may have to decide between the latest Android phone or Windows Phone 7.

7. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009

From what I read on phonedog tonight, I'd stay away from windows phone 7, they said they will not have copy/past or multi tasking...I guess I shouldn't say stay away from, maybe it'll be, who knows :)

Chris

8. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    From what I have seen they are already planning on adding to it before the final release and while it was not clarified as to what will be added, I am sure copy & paste will make it to the final version as will multi-tasking. Not including these features would doom the phones from the start.

9. golpher

golpher Active Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Gonna donate the Hero to my wife and get the Supersonic for myself 8)

10. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Portland area
    Have you seen the keyboard yet? My only complaint with the Hero is the virtual keyboard. I struggle with it every time I type!! Drives me nuts. I'd like to see the N1 and Supersonic keyboards!

11. OldRoman

OldRoman Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Security Officer
    Wichita, KS
    I just got the Hero this Monday. If they release the N1 for sale before my 30 days are I'm going after one. A friend got a N1 the first week it was out. I played with it for a while and even though it 3G signal problems through T-Mobile I loved it. The 3.7" AMOLED screen is fantastic.

12. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Digital Surveillance Manager
    State of Denial
    Gonna donate my Hero to my wife as well...but where I live isn't getting 4G any time soon so N1 for me!!!!

13. mocciamm

mocciamm Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    just get a pre/centro/pixi for a while and then when you switch back, hero's keyboard will seem huge

14. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Dekalb, Illinois
    There are videos of the N1.. it is a phone that currently is available to consumers. Its running android 2.1, so its just a stock android keyboard (similar to the moments on screen)

15. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Dekalb, Illinois
    I cannot wait though! What do you guys think they will charge? Will we get the $180 tag with a 2 year, like T-Mobile, or will we have to pay the $530?? I'm waiting for this to be released as well as a date!! The hero might be going back..

16. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    I am waiting for the SuperSonic, or whatever 4G phone is out when I get my upgrade in November. I hope they come out with a 4G slider android.