• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 10 or wait for N7 II?

Gearhead_eng

Jul 28, 2010
I'm new to the whole tablet world, but I've been on android phones since 2009 so I'm not new to the OS.

I read an article that the new Nexus 7 II could be released sometime next month. I know its apples to oranges in terms of screen size, but what would you prefer?

The N10 or the N7 II?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. From what I understand the N10 is still a good divice and at the top of the list despite being out for half a year. I think I'll just pull the trigger on the N10 and sell it when the Nexus 11 hits the shelves in 5-6 months.

Have they come down in price? I know when I got mine late last year, I think I got the last one in NJ. They were hard to come by. I assume they are plentiful now..right?

Upvote 0
Have they come down in price? I know when I got mine late last year, I think I got the last one in NJ. They were hard to come by. I assume they are plentiful now..right?

The 16gb $399 from google play. I'm not sure if there are better deals out there. Amazon is $455 for the 16gb. Stock looks good everywhere.

Upvote 0
The 16gb $399 from google play. I'm not sure if there are better deals out there. Amazon is $455 for the 16gb. Stock looks good everywhere.

Wow, the prices have held up. I got my 32 fro 499 late last year. (they were 100 more than the 16) I know at one time when you could not get them, I could have sold it on ebay used for more than I paid.

I love mine and use it every day. My wife has a iPad II and she loves hers as well. They are nice for the ladies.....:)

Upvote 0
Wow, the prices have held up. I got my 32 fro 499 late last year. (they were 100 more than the 16) I know at one time when you could not get them, I could have sold it on ebay used for more than I paid.

I love mine and use it every day. My wife has a iPad II and she loves hers as well. They are nice for the ladies.....:)

Yup, prices haven't dropped at all. If anything, they have gone up. Amazon is selling both versions for $30+ over Google Play (including tax/S&H).

I wouldn't mind getting a refurb if I can find a decent deal. Woot was selling the 32gb version for $380 last month.

Upvote 0
Yup, prices haven't dropped at all. If anything, they have gone up. Amazon is selling both versions for $30+ over Google Play (including tax/S&H).

I wouldn't mind getting a refurb if I can find a decent deal. Woot was selling the 32gb version for $380 last month.

Amazon isn't selling it, some 3rd party resellers are. So no Prime either.

I heard Amazon banned the sale of the Nexus at MSRP since it competes with their Kindle line. You'll see higher prices on both the 7 and 10 there.

Google Play is one of the official channels, as are Walmart and I believe Staples. You can buy it there but only at MSRP. You can't find it cheaper since those are the only resellers. Everyone else is buying it from there and marking it up, hedging on a shortage so someone will pay a premium.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones