1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 4 Accessories

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alhenderson, Mar 26, 2013.

1. alhenderson

alhenderson Well-Known Member

Morning All,

As of today I am the proud owner of a new Nexus 4. Shame its at home and I'm at work, but there you go :) Wondering if anyone had any recommendations for accessories? I'm particularly interested in a case, screen protectors and a car holder. I have a leather case for my Desire HD which I slide the phone in and out of, which I prefer to bumpers etc. A quick look around has shown all manner of screen protectors - is it worth getting one for the back as well?

I live in the UK..

Cheers for any recommendations.

Al.

Advertisement

2. ooberandy

ooberandy Android Enthusiast

3. alhenderson

Just noticed that sorry for the wasted thread!

Al.

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Rearth cases and full body screens is what I run. Also using the stock bumper and an Ebay bumper as well. Can't beat Rearth though. Their products are just amazing quality.

alhenderson likes this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

For the back, take a look at dbrand, they'll ship over here and they're dirt cheap.

For screen protectors, I'm currently using these: atFoliX. Of all the screen protectors I've used, they've covered the largest area of the screen.

Currently using the GENx bumper, but I'm not overly happy with it, so I've just ordered a flip case: Google Nexus 4 Premium PU Leather Flip Case / Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Never used a flip case before so I'm not sure if I'll like it, but it was less than a fiver so no harm done if I don't. I'm a tad disappointed about the quality of cases available for the N4 actually.

alhenderson likes this.
  6. alhenderson

Thanks for that. Have ordered those screen protectors. Normally I'd go for the manufacturer's ones, I've tried cheap 3rd party ones before and they've been awful. Not so easy in this case.

7. El Presidente

VIP Member

Mobilefun look to be getting the Seidio cases soon, I'm rocking the Active on my N7 and it's great. If they're not extortionate, I'll give one of them a go when they're released.

8. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

If you look at one of the pics, it has holes for the camera and speaker.

10. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Well sure, if one is able to hold half the case out of the way. Holding it above the phone for this particular case seems more difficult than book style cases.

11. El Presidente

VIP Member

It's not that difficult ;)

That being said, having had the case for a few hours, I hate it. Having to mess about opening the phone every time I want to use it is going to drive me insane.

12. sadielynn

sadielynn Android Enthusiast

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews