• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 4 and Google Wallet?

kwalla

Sep 17, 2011
www.solavei.com
So.... I rooted my Nexus 4 (no ROM, so still stock) and am trying to setup Google Wallet -- but all it does when I run the app is timeout after a long, long time and say "Google Wallet has stopped working".

If I log into wallet.google.com, it says I have no devices.

I've gone into Setting > Apps and disabled/enable Wallet and downloaded the update from Play.. but still no joy.

Is my issue that a rooted phone can't work with Wallet? Or the setup is just very finicky and I should keep trying?

Yes, I did that a couple times.

Turns out "secret" was to post here that it wasn't working and try two more times -- it suddenly worked!

Very odd, I've been doing all the setup attempts while on wifi, figuring that would make it quicker/easier, but perhaps that was messing it up.

This thread can be closed.
Isn't that the way things go sometimes.:rolleyes:

Glad you got it working. :)

Just make sure you reset it from within the app before you flash a custom rom if you ever decide to dive into that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones