1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nexus 4 driver issue

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Nexus4user, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Nexus4user

Nexus4user Guest
    None
    So I have a Nexus 4 and I tried to root my phone with no success. I used the Nexus 4 root toolkit but I quit after awhile. I did however somehow manage to delete my Google Drivers. It replaced it with a clockwork mod Google ADB driver. My phone no longer allows me to transfer files between my phone and my computer through USB. However, I can do this with other computers, meaning this is a problem on my computer, not the phone. I tried to search for Google Drivers and found one on android.com. This however, led to no success. I'm currently running the latest version of android 4.4.2 but this problem has been present since I was on 4.2.2. Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Install the proper driver on your computer for the operating system that the computer is running.

3. nexus4user

nexus4user Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't know which driver to install. And when I installed the google driver, the phone still uses the clockwork mod driver as the most updated driver. Can you post a link to the driver I should use and how to install?