• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 - Sell it to me

Beef Cake

Aug 1, 2012
Not literally, but convince me to buy this device. I've been umming and ahhing over it and it looks awesome.

I'll be using it mainly for web browsing and watching videos, I currently own the Galaxy S2 but feel like upgrading because I like the look of the Nexus, so will sell the S2 to buy the Nexus.

I've also considered a tablet because I like larger screens. I know the Note 2 is an option but I'm not spending

My last phone before the Nexus4 was the GS2. Everything about this phone is better. Nothing lags.... ever. The screen is bigger (without the phone itself being too large like with the Note line), brighter, and clearer (720p on the N4). I never want physical buttons again. Speaker is a lot better. If you are into rooting and anything that comes along with it, there is no comparison!

Just in case you are also considering the GS3, my daughter owns that and I hate it compared to the N4. Having Android instead of Touchwiz really does make a huge difference that you don't fully understand until you compare a Nexus side by side with a OEM skin phone.

Just get the N4, you won't regret it.

Reactions: Beef Cake
Upvote 0
My niece currently has my old S2 and I was playing with it last weekend. I really liked the S2, but using it now feels like going back to a Mondeo after driving a Ferrari. Everything about it feels clunky and old fashioned. Mind you the S2 is still on ICS since T-Mobile haven't released the JB update yet.

The S2 is still a decent phone, and I didn't notice any lag using it, but the N4 is miles classier.

Upvote 0
I had a rooted S2 and cant fault the N4 in anyway, best phone move I've made to date.

Bigger screen is a joy to look at. Battery life is better (though I was always suspicious of my rooted phone battery). I like the HDR option & photosphere on the camera. No Touchwiz, which for me is nice. Practically no lag (only lag I get is when looking through the widgets).

The S2 is a few years old now and you might think the difference wont be that great, but after using the N4 I felt that I'd stepped out of the dark ages and into the modern world.

Upvote 0
The N4's well good, well cheap and well better than the S2 :)

I'm sure the One X or the S4 (when it comes out) are awesome phones and that each have features that are better than what's on the N4. I'm also pretty sure that, even allowing all that, they're not twice as good as the N4, despite costing around twice as much.

Upvote 0
The N4's well good, well cheap and well better than the S2 :)

I'm sure the One X or the S4 (when it comes out) are awesome phones and that each have features that are better than what's on the N4. I'm also pretty sure that, even allowing all that, they're not twice as good as the N4, despite costing around twice as much.

Plus they'll take an age to get some tasty Key Lime Pie, unlike us lucky N4 owners ;)

Thats one of the reasons I changed to a nexus. Was tired of waiting for Samsung to do their thing with updates.

Upvote 0
If I was buying now, I'd get the HTC One then see what the Nexus 5 is like in 6 months or so - then sell the One to get the 5.

A Nexus 5 will have KLP before the Nexus 4 does so this is the route I'd take.

I did the opposite I bought the Nexus 4 right now because I don't see the point in buying a 700 dollar phone just for 5 months when I want the Nexus experience right now.

Here's your down sides with this phone. If you're 1 of those people who care about SD cards and removable battery is it has neither it also has no LTE but I don't care about that either because my carrier supports dual cell HSPA which is nearly as fast as LTE in my same carriers coverage.

I bought a Nexus phone because it does the 1 thing that I do care about it has 0 interference from carriers and 0 interference from manufacturers for updates. You wont get service like that on any other phone on the planet except an iphone. I find the construction quality and appearance to both be excellent and the phone performs fast and stable with no wonky manufacturer skins on it.

If you buy 1 right now like I did you're only dropping 400 dollars and when the Nexus 5 comes out you can sell this and buy it. Unless they do something stupid with the Nexus phones like they did with the Galaxy Nexus and make different variants that still get stuck on carrier delayed updates I will never buy another OEM Android phone again. Nexus for life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
If I was buying now, I'd get the HTC One then see what the Nexus 5 is like in 6 months or so - then sell the One to get the 5.

A Nexus 5 will have KLP before the Nexus 4 does so this is the route I'd take.

The Nexus family will have KLP at the same time. Not officially of course. I remember running the 4.2 Camera and 4.2 Gmail on my Gnex before the N4 was even out because it was pulled from a pull of the N4.

So it's technically safe to say that the N4 will have KLP before the N5 is even out. :/

Upvote 0
I guess it depends on your comfort level and how patient you are. I used an x-acto and cut my sim down and it works just fine. But, if you want to put it back in the S2, you'll need an adapter.

S2 is definitely getting sold. You reckon this will work? http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf

And also, when you buy a new phone, with some you get a sim card in the box that isn't actually a sim card, it has a gap in it, I got one with my S2, is that the micro sim template?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones