• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 Shipping thread: Where is your Nexus?

Wait so some people didn't even get an email saying their order was cancelled, but still had the funds refunded to them?

Not necessarily a refund. More like the hold fell off. Google said they wouldn't charge us until it shipped, and seeing that many of us haven't received any correspondence from google, I'm thinking if/when we get a confirmation the money will be charged again.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily a refund. More like the hold fell off. Google said they wouldn't charge us until it shipped, and seeing that many of us haven't received any correspondence from google, I'm thinking if/when we get a confirmation the money will be charged again.

IDK man, I'm not comfortable with just being in limbo! This ranks as #1 in my book as just a terrible terrible buying experience! From A to Z, meaning from the start of trying to Order this thing on Tuesday at 12am Eastern time, right up until this very moment not knowing WTF is going on with my order? This is just totally kiddish to me and not the way a business giant the size of Google should be handling things. I'm so friggin pissed at this point that I may just end up changing my plan of how I was going to really increase my Android Eco system.

My plans were to get the N4 and give it a whirl for this very weekend, and really see how well LG and Google really did with this device, and if all was a go and everything was rolling right like call quality, build quality of the device, snappiness of everything just being buttery smooth and working well as a whole, I would then go ahead and get the Nexus 10 to use as my daily driver tablet and even make a decision on picking up the New Google Chrome lap top and just be all in with the Android/Google Eco system. Which means yes get rid of my iphone 5 and Galaxy S3 and really just go Vanilla all the way with Android.

Nope, that idea may very well be scratched because of how I see the way dealing with Google is just such a joke and a disheartening experience. I may very well just order an ipad mini, and New 13inch Mac Book pro with the retina display and go all Apple at this point....Yes I'm actually that mad!

Upvote 0
IDK man, I'm not comfortable with just being in limbo! This ranks as #1 in my book as just a terrible terrible buying experience! From A to Z, meaning from the start of trying to Order this thing on Tuesday at 12am Eastern time, right up until this very moment not knowing WTF is going on with my order? This is just totally kiddish to me and not the way a business giant the size of Google should be handling things. I'm so friggin pissed at this point that I may just end up changing my plan of how I was going to really increase my Android Eco system.

My plans were to get the N4 and give it a whirl for this very weekend, and really see how well LG and Google really did with this device, and if all was a go and everything was rolling right like call quality, build quality of the device, snappiness of everything just being buttery smooth and working well as a whole, I would then go ahead and get the Nexus 10 to use as my daily driver tablet and even make a decision on picking up the New Google Chrome lap top and just be all in with the Android/Google Eco system. Which means yes get rid of my iphone 5 and Galaxy S3 and really just go Vanilla all the way with Android.

Nope, that idea may very well be scratched because of how I see the way dealing with Google is just such a joke and a disheartening experience. I may very well just order an ipad mini, and New 13inch Mac Book pro with the retina display and go all Apple at this point....Yes I'm actually that mad!

Lol, ipad mini........

Upvote 0

As someone that uses a 3rd gen iPad and a 13" MBP as his daily drivers, I'd tell you that that's probably a good idea to begin with. I use what's best for me, I couldn't care less about this feud between Google and Apple.

With that being said, the only phone for me is an Android phone, so I won't jump the gun yet with regards to my Nexus 4 order. I don't like being in limbo regarding my order any more than you do. I'm pissed too because I don't know what's going on. But the hold falling off my account is the least of my concerns. Over the past 7 years I've worked at 3 different banks (Washington Mutual, Chase, and now BB&T), and I have seen this situation happen far too often. The authorization hold falls off because they haven't informed the recipient that the item shipped. Doesn't necessarily mean they cancelled the order, although it's certainly a possibility.

Upvote 0
Yes sir, an ipad mini! Build quality is top notch, it's extremely portable, and I can sync all that I do with my iphone. And if there's an issue I just waltz into one of the 20 Apple stores that are near me and speak to someone. Pretty simple, I like simple!

Gotta hand it to Apple, they have the whole sales and marketing thing together very well. Their products are all very solid and polished as well.

Upvote 0
Gotta hand it to Apple, they have the whole sales and marketing thing together very well. Their products are all very solid and polished as well.

As a whole I really enjoy Android, I love the openness, I love the Vanilla Ui of the Nexus Brand, but I don't love the part of dealing with Google! This goes back to the Nexus One days, they're very lax and unprofessional when it comes to the actual buying experience. And Google's short coming is Apples strength, I mean you really can't top walking into an Apple store and just being wowed on how great the buying experience is when dealing with them.

Ughhhh, so pissed right now! Oh well, just gonna sit tight until Tuesday and see what happens.

Upvote 0
As a whole I really enjoy Android, I love the openness, I love the Vanilla Ui of the Nexus Brand, but I don't love the part of dealing with Google! This goes back to the Nexus One days, they're very lax and unprofessional when it comes to the actual buying experience. And Google's short coming is Apples strength, I mean you really can't top walking into an Apple store and just being wowed on how great the buying experience is when dealing with them.

Ughhhh, so pissed right now! Oh well, just gonna sit tight until Tuesday and see what happens.

Im in the same boat as you. N4 Limbo. Google is great at innovating and investing, that's about all. :D

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone (again). This rep directly referenced my order number instead of just my email address. She says that my order is complete (despite what Google Wallet says) and that, because of that, I should get my tracking info today. She seemed to be a bit more knowledgeable than the other reps I spoke too, even if she proves to be wrong. But she says the order is done and in it's second stage, which is shipping. Hopefully she's right, but she says that it would tell her if it was cancelled or backordered, and apparently mines isn't.

Upvote 0
I was in limbo with my order as well, despite getting my order in just 3 minutes after it went live (somehow I magically woke up at exactly the right time).

I got my order confirmation shortly after putting in the order. Then nothing.

I called Google on Sunday (the number can be found in your Google Play order history). It took over 45 minutes on hold just to have a guy tell me there's a "sort of back order going on" and that it would ship in "a week or so."

I asked if I would be refunded the the shipping charge, and the guy said he'd check and put me on hold. While on hold, the call was dropped (the guy had said they were having a lot of technical difficulties that day).

To my surprise, on Monday, I got an e-mail that my order had shipped. When the UPS tracking info was updated, I noticed that they had upgraded me to Next Day Air. I got my Nexus 4 this morning (Tuesday).

For those still in limbo, I recommend giving Google a call (or at least sending them and e-mail). Make sure you have plenty of time to wait on hold, though.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I had a similar experience. I successfully placed my order 15 minutes into the launch and got my confirmation email, then nothing. I called on Saturday, waited on hold for 25 minutes and was told I would receive my tracking email on Monday. He asked it it was okay to put me on hold while he checked something and instead hung up on me. I called again Monday evening after not getting the promised email and was told again that they were doing their best. @0 minutes later I got an email saying that the order would be delivered the next day and around 2 a.m. the tracking email arrived.

I got my phone Tuesday morning.

During the second call, the rep asked if I would take a breif survey about my Play Store expereince. I said "no thank you. You probably don't want to hear what I have to say anyway."

I made him laugh. :)

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
I had a similar experience. I successfully placed my order 15 minutes into the launch and got my confirmation email, then nothing. I called on Saturday, waited on hold for 25 minutes and was told I would receive my tracking email on Monday. He asked it it was okay to put me on hold while he checked something and instead hung up on me. I called again Monday evening after not getting the promised email and was told again that they were doing their best. 20 minutes later I got an email saying that the order would be delivered the next day and around 2 a.m. the tracking email arrived.

I got my phone Tuesday morning.

During the second call, the rep asked if I would take a brief survey about my Play Store experience. I said "no thank you. You probably don't want to hear what I have to say anyway."

I made him laugh. :)

Upvote 0
So how is the new phone bud?

Oh geez, I wish I knew. We are implementing RF inventory management in our warehouses and between troubleshooting the scanners and helping train the personal and interfacing with the ERP solutions team, I haven't had 3 spare seconds to rub together. On top of which, we had to let our newly hired IT support person go because they ... um ... were a little optimistic about their abilities.

So far I've got to open the box and turn it on for a few minutes. :(

Oh yes, i need to stop by the AT&T store to get a micro sim before I swap it over. And, I refuse to hit the crazy shopping scene this weekend so its just going to have to wait a bit.

BTW, Anybody need a job? I need a new assistant pronto!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones