1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 4 signal on Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Traelyn, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Traelyn

Traelyn Member

The signal bars will change from blue to white every now and then. I put it into Air Plane Mode and back out. Then it is blur again most of the times I do it. Any solution to keep them blue?

2. weddle

weddle Android Enthusiast

ive noticed the same thing on mine too. i called straight talk customer service to ask if they could do anything about it because sometimes when my bars are grey my data doesnt work at all and the lady asked me a couple questions, told me to hold for a little while and then she came back and told me my data had been throttled. she transferred me to an automated line that told me how to keep my mobile data use down. as crappy as their c.s. seems to be from my one experience, id say try calling them and see if you arent throttled

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

read the fine print too, ST is notorious for terminating your service if you continuously go over your allotted data cap. ST is just a MVNO for AT&T, TMobile, and Sprint I think. So they have no real control over the network. ;)

4. Traelyn

Traelyn Member

Thanks for the replies. I currently have Greg bars and am able to surf the web. I just started my service with Straight Talk, so I wouldn't think that it would already be throttled.

5. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

Mine does that too. Sometimes the gray means I don't have data, sometimes, data works fine.

For me, it seemed to be update related. It started after an os update, and improved after another.

-SF

6. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

The grey bars don't mean there is no data connection, they simply mean that Google can't access the network for sync, etc.

If you can surf with grey bars it's likely that your service has been limited in some way, probably by blocking ports other than those used for web and email to restrict all but essential network traffic.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews