1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus 4 won't charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjacks12, Aug 8, 2013.

1. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2012
    Male
    Professional Smartass
    Las Vegas
    My friend's N4 is refusing to charge. He says he plugs it in and the port gets really hot, and the phone is not charging at all.

Also, his headphone port is tweaked. It will only put out audio to the right earpiece.

I don't know if these problems are related, given the distance of the charging port from the headphone jack, but who knows anymore with these electrical gadgets.

Anybody have any ideas? Hope it's not common cause I love my phone.

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Unless the phone has been damaged - maybe with water - I doubt the two things are related.

Re charging: that sounds like the phone will need a warranty repair :( however, have him try a different USB cable, see if that's the issue.

Re the headphone port: has your friend checked with a different set of headphones? If so, it may be some dirt inside the port. If that's the case, he could turn the phone off and attempt to remove the dirt with a pin. If there's no dirt, then this, too is a warranty repair :(

bjacks12 likes this.
  3. ooberandy

ooberandy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Hartlepool, UK
    My phone wouldnt charge after I upgraded to 4.3, though there was no heating issues. My problem was solved by a simple restart, maybe he could try this also?

4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2012
    Male
    Professional Smartass
    Las Vegas
    He tried that.

He talked to Google who said his phone was not covered under warranty because he bought it on Amazon.com instead of from Google Play. He was about to give up but I told him to talk to Amazon, and it turns out it's covered through them. They're going to take the phone back and issue a refund. Looks like he's going to buy an S3 or S4.

Tags: