• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4

The LTE on the Nexus 4 is supported by MetroPCS (band 4 aws)

There for you could theoretically use it as a data device. In the near future Metro will switch to GSM though and then you can use it on their network like any other phone.

That too but not all markets use AWS Band 4 some use PCS Band 2 for LTE after the merger though all LTE will then be on AWS which is why I didnt even bother mentioning it cuz its a gamble

Upvote 0
Nexus 4 running on Tmobile LTE
2u6asaju.jpg
y3u7a3ad.jpg
y7etazed.jpg

T-Mobile USA LTE talk... - Page 18

Upvote 0

Hopefully it will get better. My HSPA+21 speeds are faster than that plus you dont get the battery consumption that LTE gives. Hell +42 is in the 30's.

LTE will be better at building penetration even though +42 does just fine but other than that, after leaving LTE and seeing what HSPA is really about, I'll never go back. Unless HSPA is done away with completely and I have no choice.

Regardless, I'm glad to see T mobile is moving forward and growing. They are offering what PEOPLE WANT and they are listening to their customers. They have geared their direction more towards pre paid in an effort to offer great service and FAST data speeds for cheap. T mobile is the ONLY post paid carrier I will commend as they are not trying to suck their customers dry and offer them garbage service and garbage data speeds.

Upvote 0
Hopefully it will get better. My HSPA+21 speeds are faster than that plus you dont get the battery consumption that LTE gives. Hell +42 is in the 30's.

LTE will be better at building penetration even though +42 does just fine but other than that, after leaving LTE and seeing what HSPA is really about, I'll never go back. Unless HSPA is done away with completely and I have no choice.

Regardless, I'm glad to see T mobile is moving forward and growing. They are offering what PEOPLE WANT and they are listening to their customers. They have geared their direction more towards pre paid in an effort to offer great service and FAST data speeds for cheap. T mobile is the ONLY post paid carrier I will commend as they are not trying to suck their customers dry and offer them garbage service and garbage data speeds.
Towers aren't fully configured yet tmobiles initial LTE deployment will max out @37mbps then a couple months later @73mbps that's with overhead already included so expect in the 30's then 50's-60's

Upvote 0
Towers aren't fully configured yet tmobiles initial LTE deployment will max out @37mbps then a couple months later @73mbps that's with overhead already included so expect in the 30's then 50's-60's

Oh yeah it's still fresh. Point is T mobile is actually making moves for the CUSTOMER unlike some of these carriers out there. It's not enough to get what you pay for, it's about getting MORE than what you pay for. Once they get LTE fully implemented and IF they do their promoting right and make their coverage a little more widespread, there's no reason T mobile shouldn't over take ATT and Sprint. Verizon will always be #1 because people are stupid and they dont mind spend 100+ on a phone bill. Granted you get your moneys worth but like I said that's not enough anymore. Yuppies don't care though. just like Iphone users, they don't care. They just want it to work. But Sprint and ATT, all I hear about is problems and garbage data speeds and coverage yet they are paying full price. Makes no sense. This is where T mobile should market their asses off and go for that #2 spot. They are definitely headed in the right direction. Regardless, as long as there is Straight Talk and or T mobile, I'm a happy man. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones