• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4's LTE chip and T-Mobiles LTE.

Well it should work since the LTE bands would be the same. From my understanding is that it is not legal. The question is if we would get an update down the line completely disabling this.

If this thing worked with HSPA 21, HSPA 42, and LTE this would be a dream come true. I could use LTE downloading big files and HSPA when web browsing and 3G when not in use. This is why I went from VZW to TMobile. On Verizon if there's no LTE you have to drop to 3G.

Upvote 0
Well it should work since the LTE bands would be the same. From my understanding is that it is not legal. The question is if we would get an update down the line completely disabling this.

Besides covering the LTE bands the device also requires that amps for those frequencies are on board, remarkably they are for the AWS band, people have gotten it to work on Rodgers in Canada. You can be certain that the FCC will require this to be locked out in a future update because the phone has never been type certified on those bands in this country.

Upvote 0
If the FCC does require this phone to block the spectrum you know that we will have a way around. Unless the fix turns off the card some how when you upgrade, and the only way to fix would be to solder the board(worst case scenario in my head). That would suck lol like a ps3 mod or something. But I don't see that happening just a ROM and we'll be fine or don't upgrade to the new version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones