1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NEXUS 5 accepting only LTE SIM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DarkCobalt, Aug 10, 2017.

1. DarkCobalt

DarkCobalt Lurker

Hey there! thank you for opening this thread. I am in deep trouble as my 3g SIM is not working anymore in my Nexus 5.
    The Phone shows me no SIM card and Emergency Calls Only.
    I have tried everything including factory reset to flashing stock ROM.

Later I found there is some problem with the preferred network section in testing app(*#*#4636#*#*) which is stuck a the below option no matter how many times I change it and reboot the device.

Please if someone could help me I would be very grateful.

I have attached some images below for reference.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

When you say "only accepting LTE SIM" do you mean that it does work with a different SIM in it, or have you not tested that and are just assuming based on what you see in the Testing menu?

If it is working with another SIM, can you change that setting when using that SIM?

If you haven't tried a different SIM, then can you borrow one to test, and have you tried your own SIM in a different phone? The reason is that SIM cards can fail (I've had it happen twice in the last decade, different SIM types in different phones), so if you haven't verified that your SIM works it's possible that that is the real problem and that the Testing menu is a red herring.

3. DarkCobalt

DarkCobalt Lurker

Yeah it does work with other LTE SIMs, yet I will see if I can change settings.
    Also I have cross checked and found the SIM not working in my device works well in other devices.
    Another thing when I try to manually change the preferred network setting and reboot the phone shows network and just after I try to make a call it goes back to the old problem "No SIM Card"

BTW I have my device rooted and Custom ROM installed

4. Try a different custom ROM try aospa (which I am using right now) lineage os 14.1 cyanogenmod if you can find a ROM miui

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews