1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Nexus 5 Can't MMS iPhones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ncbowman, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ncbowman

ncbowman Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    So I just switched over from an AT&T iPhone to a T-Mobile Nexus 5 (ported the number too), and am having problems sending/receiving MMS with iPhones. I've deleted my info from my Apple ID, so that shouldn't be the issue. I can send/receive MMS to other Android phones, so the issue seems to be specific to iPhones.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Take a look at THIS and see if running through all the steps will fix the issue!

3. ncbowman

ncbowman Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Had that problem to start and fixed the SMS problem (thanks!). I've contacted T-Mobile and they're insisting that all my settings are in order, but I've had the MMS issue with sending/receiving to different iPhones on different carriers.

Could it just be a defective device, or something else?

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    I'm not very familiar with the issue but from what I gathered after some quick research, it's a problem on apple's end.

I would contact apple and see if they can do anything about it. Maybe your number is still in imessage limbo somehow?

I don't think you have a defective device, as mms is working with non apple devices. Your issue seems consistent with the imessage problems when switching from an iPhone.

Also, not sure if it will help, but I saw one person suggest changing your Apple Id password after deleting your info from the Apple id. Worth a shot anyway.

5. jamjr74

jamjr74 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 29, 2013
    MA
    I am pretty sure you need to log into your itunes account and unregister your old iphone! Sounds strange but I have read a few posts similiar to this.

6. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I hear about this a lot. I feel like Apple wants it to be a pain to leave their ecosystem.

7. JBentleyR

JBentleyR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Male
    Retired
    Cheshire
    My wife has an iPhone 4S and I have a Nexus 5. We can send MMS messages to each other without any problems.

We are also able to make video calls to each other using Facetime and Hangouts but the problem we are having is that our phones do not ring sometimes when we try to make a video call.

Not a major problem, I suppose, as we can send an MMS message beforehand to announce that we are about to call!

8. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

If she's not using iMessage then it's not going to be a problem. iMessage is the issue with most folks.

JBentleyR likes this.
  9. zipred

zipred Android Expert
    None

Oct 8, 2013
    California USA
    iMessage is the culprit, yet Apple will deny it.

We began using Galaxy S4 models at work sixty days ago. Our IT department is exceptionally good, they've got all 60 of these working perfectly.

Several of our employees who have personal iPhone's have consulted with our team and they confirm that for now at least, it's a problem on Apples side.

10. JBentleyR

JBentleyR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Male
    Retired
    Cheshire
    That doesn't surprise me. Not only are Apple greedy (charging a lot more for their products than their competitors), but they seem to me to be rather isolationist.

11. xnate416

xnate416 Newbie
    None

Mar 27, 2013
    Pretty sure it is on apple's end. They have to make their products special and use different formats for their pictures im guessing. I have this problem with my current non-nexus device. I cant receive videos from iphone users.

Tags: