1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Nexus 5 - Mute and disconnect issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bhongya, Feb 3, 2014.

1. bhongya

bhongya Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2014
    I face a weird issue while I am taking my official calls on my Nexus 5 speakerphone with mute ON. If the call is disconnected with mute ON, then on all subsequent calls that I make or receive (speaker off), people on other side can barely hear me.

I have to hard boot my phone to make it working. Anyone facing the issue? This happens only when the call is disconnected with MUTE set to ON.

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Sorry, I haven't heard of this issue before.

How often does this happen? Can you just unmute the phone before ending the call?

You could try a factory reset to see if the issue goes away, but there's no guarantee and you'd be starting over.

I would try to duplicate the issue on mine but I'm rooted and running custom software. So if the issue wasn't present for me, you still wouldn't know if it's an issue for all stock devices or just your device.

Maybe someone who is stock can try this??

3. OhSeven

OhSeven Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Just did a quick trial and I didn't notice a problem. I used my landline to call the N5, put N5 on speakerphone and mute and ended the call. Called back and volume the was unchanged on the receiving end

Brian706 likes this.
Tags: