1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 5 not turning on, is it bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by nexus5z, Jan 9, 2016.

1. nexus5z

nexus5z Lurker

So a couple weeks ago, I broke the LCD on my Nexus 5, and I couldn't see anything. A few days ago, I got the LCD repaired at a shop, but I think they messed something up, because now it is going to the Google sign, and the 4 circles, but it isn't progressing past that.

I tried volume down and power to reset it, and I pressed wipe cache partition and it said said:

failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument) and Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install etc.

Then I just got frustrated and decided to do a factory reset, even though it meant I would be losing all my data. None of which I saved unfortunately. So anyways, I tried to reset the data, and it said pretty much the same thing.

Is my phone bricked, or do you guys know of any solutions? I haven't rooted my phone or anything. Just used it as is, and it worked fine until I broke it a couple weeks ago. Then after the shop fixed it, it hasn't progressed past the 4 circles, and stays on that for hours. It then turns off and starts again. Is it a goner?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @nexus5z.

Not sure what the repair shop might have done, but I think I'd first try flashing back to a stock / factory image.

You can do this manually or use something like Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit since it'll install the USB drivers and download all of the files for you:

I'd omit/skip any rooting tasks and just try to get it back to stock before deciding that you might otherwise have a hardware issue.

Jfalls63 likes this.