• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 Pre-Release/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
The guy that posted about the invite just posted this:

Nothing is happening tonight. There will be no live stream, no press conference, nothing. No one is coming out on stage with a mystery device in their pocket, and no one that I know has been given a N5 or N10 for review yet. For your information, while we do occasionally get those before they are available for sale we do not get them before they are announced.

I didn’t break an NDA. The Google Play team didn’t think I would react the way I did when I got the invitation, and neglected to include some kind of note asking me not to share it. I caused that team a lot of headaches this past week as a result. It was a communication error, and I jumped the gun. End of story, I promise.

It’s been a long month, and we don’t have too much longer to wait if what I am hearing is true. I’m sorry I screwed up and got everyone’s hopes up, and I’m pissed that I have to apologize because I’m just as excited about this phone as everyone else, but please take my word for it. Nothing is going to happen tonight.

I know, I know. “Why book Capital Cities?”

To be honest, I don’t have the answer to that. Big companies hire bands for small events all the time, and usually it really is because reasons. The price was right, the band was available, and that’s all she wrote. It happens, and it isn’t indicative of anything.

Upvote 0
Why/how could it be absolute nothing when there where invites. There has to be something....

It's for the press. The average person is never invited to these things. It's for the tech and consumer press. They're getting familiar and closer with Google related things. Think of it as a party and learning experience at the same time.
I posted a link to what was sad it really was. The media jumps to conclusions or what we think is happening until the OFFICIAL source itself says so. It's nothing going on or ever was tonight.

"The October 24th event will not be a launch of a device or hardware, rather a mixer for consumer press to better acquaint themselves with Google Play."

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
It's for the press. The average person is never invited to these things. It's for the tech and consumer press. They're getting familiar and closer with Google related things. Think of it as a party and learning experience at the same time.
I posted a link to what was sad it really was. The media jumps to conclusions or what we think is happening until the OFFICIAL source itself says so. It's nothing going on or ever was tonight.

"The October 24th event will not be a launch of a device or hardware, rather a mixer for consumer press to better acquaint themselves with Google Play."

Although true, I highly doubt it as a coincidence that they just so happened to have this event amongst all the N5 rumours floating around.

Not that it is just a mixer; but this was definitely there to crush some hopes and dreams :(

Upvote 0
:rofl: That was mean. Did you get an OEM extended or a 3rd party tank battery?

Ordered OEM. When it gets here ill find out if the $1.50 I spent was OEM or Chinese fake. I bet Chinese fake.:p

I still think this got all of the press attention by mistake.

I really wish I was wrong,but it turns out the embargo likely was

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones