1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 5 stuck at boot animation screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brunozi, Oct 3, 2014.

1. brunozi

brunozi Lurker

Hi!

Here, I have a nexus 5 that won't boot. It gets stuck at the boot animation screen.

This is my wife's phone. It has no customizations other than downloading apps from Google or Amazon app stores.

I've tried booting in recovery mode and cleaning the cache partition. But that still didn't change anything.

Is there anything I can do?
    Or, is my only hope doing a factory reset? Will that erase everything? Before resetting, can I do a backup somehow?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

A Factory reset will delete all

First few questions is, when this phone was purchased, was it purchased new ?? Used ?? What carrier is she on ??

3. brunozi

brunozi Lurker

The phone was purchased some 6 months ago, as new.

Carrier is Claro (brazillian).

Thanks.

4. littlebullet

littlebullet Lurker

I had the same problem with mine last Monday, the cache wipe failed and so did the factory reset. I got the phone in April so spoke to Google and they sent me a new phone which arrived Thursday.

5. 9878

9878 Member

Curious, did you have a Sensible Missed Call Reminder or Nightskeeper installed?

6. 9878

9878 Member

Mine started doing this 2 days ago. I completely uninstalled all apps I could, and it is still doing it. Sometimes starts up and works fine for a short while. Maybe the button has gone bad. I got mine through SPRINT. Anyone know what kind of warranty?

7. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

Wife's nexus 4 did this yesterday completely stock non rooted

She was expecting a call from me checked her phone and It was turned off restarted it and was stuck at boot loop

Shut down again and restarted OK but battery went from 60% to 15 in minutes

Charged it up and all seems well

I recall my n5 have a funny turn once or twice the screen would not unlock unless it was on charge even though it was about 90% when it happened

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews