1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 5 video audio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Martin714, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

guys im trying to see if i have a defective unit here but i was wondering can u guys take quiet video with ur nexus 5 and then play it back and try to listen for a lil muffle sound in the background

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

just normal white noise for me

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I have it....mine is definitely not white noise. Its muffled. I took a few videos at my business yesterday and there's music in the background and you can't even make out the song. I'm guessing some people are suffering from bad speakers and I happen to be one of them. I would chalk this up to a hardware issue...Think I'm going to call Google and do an exchange.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Called Google and they are sending me a new one out...Its really only on audio playback after recording a video. There's no way this can be normal otherwise tons of people would be complaining about it.

5. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

heres a thread where a lot of ppl have the same issue i'm having and some tried getting a replacement but problem was still there some even tried 3 times and still same problem many have suggested it might be a software issue take a look o and a google representative took note of the issue

Google Groups

6. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I mean other wise besides the hissing sound I have no other real issues...and would hate to take a chance in getting one with a screen issue, etc...Ya just can't win these days. Hopefully new one doesn't have the issue. However I don't think its software related.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews