• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nexus 5 volume control like N7

krs128

May 1, 2010
if any one has the Nexus 7 you will know when you adjust the volume next to the volume bar that pops on the screen is a settings tab that when you press it pops up more volume bars so you can adjust each individually.

any one know of any way to make the Nexus 5 do the same... Google should just have that feature on phones, not sure why they don't

mine does not, and it annoys me when I am listening to music, or Bluetooth on my car and I want to adjust the phone volume to take it off vibrate I cant with out going into the settings.

I'm used to that feature with custom roms too. Since I haven't installed one yet, I've found it easiest to hold the power button to switch between the ring/vibrate modes.

Upvote 0
I'm used to that feature with custom roms too. Since I haven't installed one yet, I've found it easiest to hold the power button to switch between the ring/vibrate modes.

oh I know that, and I do do that. but if you are playing music the volume button will adjust media volume, not the phone volume.

and if you are connected to Bluetooth, the Bluetooth volume gets adjusted, not the phone volume. so you can't get out of vibrate unless you go into settings, or disconnect the Bluetooth/stop playing music.

Upvote 0
Check out slider widget from the play store

I use this app, it's a great solution.

For those new to Android, or simply unaware, their are two versions. One for smartphones and one for tablets. The difference is very subtle, thus it's easy to miss that fact.

Not to mention the truly nice aspect of Android is it's seemingly endless array of capabilities, features and benefits. I've studied it diligently, with great interest and enthusiasm for some time now. Despite my best efforts I still have a huge amount of learning to do. A fact that frankly I relish.

The more I learn, the deeper my appreciation is for the impressive OS that's known as Android.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones