1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Nexus 5x, Phone hands free apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jack Ramsey, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Jack Ramsey

Jack Ramsey Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2016
    Male
    I am a NOOB, but have been a network engineer last 25yrs. Have rooted and flashed devices including the old galaxy 10 tablets years ago. Run a company with 25 phones and use SharePoint for all business processes and document-user mobility. Have, company wide, been using windows phones for many years, but business requires a number of apps that only are on Android or IOS.
    Office wide everyone is comfortable with the WinPhone8 and above, including all the baked in hands free, text reading, and sending capability. The announcement and reading of incoming text messaging, the ability to respond hands free, and voice caller announcement, is what my staff misses on my movement to Android.
    I KNOW this functionality is in Android, and I have tried a lot of different apps, but none do it yet on the and Nexus5x.
    I am assuming the Samsung devices have this baked in, but the "pureness" of the Nexus and 6.0x is appealing. I have NO issues with purchasing apps, just tired of them not being complete. (probably caused to some degree by my inexperience). I would prefer NOT to go the Cortana way, for the Google experience, in my opinion is superior.
    Is there a guide of apps that do incoming, outgoing text messaging, hands free, voice calling and receiving caller ID announcement while tied to Office365 for my company and employees?

Thanks,

Jack

Advertisement

2. lion7718

lion7718 Android Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2011
    Google Now came with your phone, all you have to do is say 'OK Google' call xxx or text xxx. To read text aloud or voice caller/text ID I use Talking SMS and Caller ID full, there is also a limited Free version.

scary alien likes this.
  3. Jack Ramsey

Jack Ramsey Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for your reply. I bought the full version of Talking SMS, and tested a few days ago. It ONLY announces the caller ID through the phone speaker, not through a Bluetooth connection (Plantronics Legend Voyager 5200).
    Still looking...
    Thanks again,

Jack

Tags: