• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6 specs/discussion

Just read the review on Phandroid for the Droid Turbo, nothing to get excited about for the Turbo's display, does anyone know if the Turbo and the Nexus 6 use the same display (just bigger)? I would think they do and that doesn't sound all that promising :(

The Droid Turbo features a 5.2-inch AMOLED display, much like the Moto X, but in the Turbo

Upvote 0
Just read the review on Phandroid for the Droid Turbo, nothing to get excited about for the Turbo's display, does anyone know if the Turbo and the Nexus 6 use the same display (just bigger)? I would think they do and that doesn't sound all that promising :(

The Droid Turbo features a 5.2-inch AMOLED display, much like the Moto X, but in the Turbo’s case it has been upped to Quad HD resolution. That’s 1440 x 2560 at a pixel density of 565 ppi. It is capable of reproducing some truly great high-resolution content, from video to gaming and beyond. It did no disappoint in this department. Viewing angles were solid and it performed well in most lighting conditions.

The display is a bit on the dim side of things even with brightness set to full blast, and the colors can come off as a bit muted in many cases. They lack a certain vibrancy or pop. This is a mere AMOLED display, after all, not Super AMOLED. That could be a good or bad thing depending on your views on the way Super AMOLED displays (particularly in Samsung devices) tend to artificially enhance the color profile of images, video, and graphics. Perhaps our own views have been tainted by the often excessively bright and colorful displays of recent flagship phones.

Is the Droid Turbo’s display the best we have ever seen on a smartphone or even the best Quad HD display we have seen in recent months? No, but it milks every bit of resolution it can. This display produces crisp and clean imagery, if a bit underwhelming.
...Phandroid's Motorola Droid Turbo Review
Once I saw who the reviewer was, I stopped reading after that. Lol no need to worry.

Upvote 0
I have a new Nexus 6 64GB Model, but the total space under storage only shows 23.03GB total storag(17.01GB available).
Should it be showing something over 50GB??

Model Number: Nexus 6
Android Version: 5.0.1
Build Number: LRX22C
Fastboot Specs:
Product/Variant: shamu XT1103 64GB P3A0
eMMC: 64GB Sandisk RV=07 PV=01 TY=57

What could be wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones