1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus 6 - sync with MS Outlook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jj14x, Nov 5, 2014.

1. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

With all my Android devices, I've never been able to sync my Gmail contacts/calendar with MS outlook.

The only options were to get a 3rd party paid app that would do that on the side, and that was not very reliable. Other option was to get a paid Google apps account.
    Google had their calendar sync app till recently, and they decommissioned that earlier this year.

So, I moved my contacts/calendar storage to outlook.com and have been using that reliably. Everything seems to work ok, but when creating a new contact on my Nexus 5, the people app would default to the gmail account, and I had to scroll down and choose the outlook.com account instead. A bit of a hassle.

Fast forward to now - reading Google Nexus 6 Smartphone Phablet | Nexus 6 Reviews & Specs | T-Mobile I see the following:

Easily sync w/ Microsoft Outlook
    Stay in sync with your Contacts, Calendar, and Email in Microsoft Outlook

Is Google now providing an option to sync contacts/calendar with MS outlook? Does anyone have more information about this? (T-Mo sales reps have no clue)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zipred

zipred Android Expert

marctronixx and jj14x like this.
  3. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Thanks. It is a $30 (one-time) cost, but unsure how good it is. Just curious about the verbiage on T-Mo's site - maybe Google is providing something native?

marctronixx likes this.
  4. Geese1

Geese1 Well-Known Member

My boss at work uses CompanionLink, and it works out well for him:

Companionlink

I helped set it up for him, and so far he's been pretty happy with it. He's had it for a couple of years now, so even though it's a paid app, it might be worth looking into.

marctronixx and jj14x like this.

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews